Followers

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sanibel Island, Florida: Bowmans Beach

After leaving Lighthouse Beach and Pier we headed to Bowmans Beach. To get here follow the signs along the Sanibel-Captiva Rd. At the road mile marker for mile 4.8 cross San-Cap and then follow Bowman Beach Rd to the parking lot. There is a large parking lot and had a few spaces big enough for RV's.


We had a quick bite to eat and then checked out the playground before hitting the water. It was a decent size playground and provided some shade for us and them, while they played.

Aayla fell in love with the rock climbing wall.

Then we headed to the beach which was just walk away. You did have to cross a bridge and then follow a sandy path. One gentleman in a wheel chair made it to the end of the path so he could enjoy the beach from there, but could not move in the sand on the beach.

The water was gorgeous! The girls had enough searching for shells and just wanted to swim here... so they did and I can't really say that I blame them as it was beautiful!




I stuck around for a few pictures and then went on the hunt for shells.

 When I returned there were a couple dolphins swimming close to land. One even rode a wave. It was quite a sight to see. He rode right past a swimmer and I don't even think the swimmer realised it. I so wish I was able to get a picture but it happened so fast. By the time I got my camera this was the only picture I managed to get.

One last pic of the girls and then it was time to pack up and hit the shell museum before they closed.
We thought this was a great swimming beach. It stayed shallow for quite awhile, and was wonderfully warm. When we left there were outside showers beside the playground to wash off as well as change rooms and washrooms.

No comments: