Followers

Monday, April 4, 2011

What do you do with all the DVD's?

I have to admit...our children love their DVD's and they have way more then probably necessary. With Meadow I always limited her TV as a child and I never imagined that I would be any different with Sierra and Aayla but they get to watch a lot of movies and TV's. My husband and I have our own favourite shows so it makes sense they would have theirs too and Friday night Family Movie nights just wouldn't be the same without a movie to go along with the popcorn...    :)

With our upcoming departure approaching very quickly I decided we needed to find a way to make their movie collection more compact.

I took this stack of DVD's
and placed them all in a large DVD/CD travel case.

In order to protect the DVD's from little fingers I then took out all the cover pages from each DVD case, cut them in half and added them all into a binder. It was a tiny bit time consuming but will save us from having to replace scratched DVD's on the trip and well worth the time invested. They are also much more compact now for the trailer and there is less clutter in the house with all of the cases as well. A win win situation all around.

Even if you don't have kids, you most likely have some movies or CD's and if you are short on space this might work for you to!

Welcome to these recent followers:
Michelle of M&M's Ranch
and lucky #13 who was none other then my MOM! She doesn't have a blog or a profile to send you to but I am glad she is going to join us on our journey. Love you mom!

2 comments:

Sue and Doug said...

great storage idea, Brooke!..when you have little kids that is one thing that is a necessity..those movies for the the rainy days and rainy nights!!..have a lovely day!!

Prettypics123 said...

Yes I like your storage idea too. Thanks Brooke for following A Camp Host's Meanderings. I like your decision to work for an employer less and enjoy life more. Good for you and your family. My husband John is from British Columbia and we have family there still. That's a beautiful area to be exploring. Hope you have a great day. Levonne